T-Mobile continues to accelerate the company’s $4 billion plan to strengthen our already competitive 4G experience in major metro areas across the country, continuing our Challenger momentum and building on the announcement of three new metro areas just two weeks ago.
Thanks to the hard work of T-Mobile engineers, I’m proud to announce technology advancements in 10 additional metro areas, including Miami; Phoenix; San Francisco; Mesa and Tucson, Ariz.; Modesto, Oakland, San Jose and Stockton, Calif.; and Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
With these upgrades, customers who live in or are planning holiday visits to San Francisco, Silicon Valley, the Gold Coast in the Sunshine State of Florida or the Valley of the Sun in Arizona, will benefit from enhanced voice and data coverage, and faster speeds on unlocked devices to connect with friends and family. Customers in these metro areas can also bring their unlocked AT&T smartphones to T-Mobile, and experience a significant speed boost on our 4G network, while also saving up to $50/month compared to AT&T*!
T-Mobile's "all you can eat" access to 4G data, including streaming videos, rich apps, watching football on the go, posting holiday updates to social media, online shopping, web surfing and more, lets customers use their smartphones without worry. That's a holiday feast to be thankful for!
T-Mobile customers can now experience these improvements in areas and popular locations including:
Central and Southern Arizona
- Phoenix, including Tempe, Scottsdale, Glendale, Peoria, Paradise Valley, Surprise and Ahwatukee
- Mesa, including Chandler and Gilbert
- Tucson, including South Tucson, Marana, and Vail
San Francisco Bay Area
- Silicon Valley, including Cupertino, Sunnyvale, Mountain View, Santa Clara, San Jose
- San Francisco
Central Valley, California
- Miami, including Coral Gables and Miami Beach
- Fort Lauderdale, including Hollywood
Today’s announcement brings the total to 15 metro areas live – including previously announced Baltimore, Houston, Kansas City, Las Vegas and Washington D.C. – and we expect to launch multiple additional major metro areas by the end of the year.
T-Mobile network advancements also continue in additional areas including Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, the New York metro area, Philadelphia, San Diego and Seattle. Customers in parts of these metro areas are already experiencing improved coverage and unlocked iPhone "speed sightings" on T-Mobile's 4G network.
Neville Ray is chief technology officer for T-Mobile USA. He is responsible for the management and development of T-Mobile USA's network, as well as the company's IT services and operations.
* Internal tests of unlocked iPhone 4S devices running over 4G (HSPA+) on our 1900 network recorded on average 70% faster download speeds than iPhone 4S devices on AT&T's network. Savings based on comparison of T-Mobile $69.99/month Unlimited Talk, Text and Data plan against AT&T Unlimited Talk, Text, and 3GB Smartphone Data plan. Does not include taxes, fees or promotional offers. Las funciones y limitaciones del plan pueden variar.