Un-carrier customers streaming more than 66 million songs per day; while 1 in 4 U.S. wireless users
say they’ve switched or would switch to T-Mobile in order to unleash their music
BELLEVUE, Washington — November 24, 2014 — T-Mobile (NYSE: TMUS) today announced a major evolution of its groundbreaking Un-carrier 6.0 program (MúsicaNonStop), with the addition of 14 new streaming services, more than doubling the number of providers currently in the program. Today's additions include names like Google Play Music, Xbox Music and SoundCloud as well as a diverse range of specialty services to suit all tastes −whether you're into EDM, Jazz, Caribbean, Bollywood or all of the above. (See below for a full list of the newly added services.)
With Music Freedom, T-Mobile Simple Choice™ customers stream all the music they want on T-Mobile's Data Strong™ network −data charges do not apply. And, not only is Music Freedom available for T-Mobile customers at no extra charge, it's also completely free for music streaming providers. No backroom deals. No paid prioritization. Just you and your music −unleashed.
"Music Freedom is pro-consumer, pro-music and pure Un-carrier," said John Legere, president and CEO of T-Mobile. "And today we're taking another huge step toward our ultimate goal of including every streaming music service in the program. Anyone can play. No one pays. And everyone wins."
Music Freedom has been wildly popular since its launch this summer. The number of T-Mobile customers streaming music each day has jumped nearly 300%, and they're streaming a whopping 66 million songs per day −or roughly 200 terabytes of data per day −on T-Mobile's Data Strong™ network.
Music Freedom has also become a major draw to switch to T-Mobile. In a recent survey of U.S. wireless users1, 1 in 4 said that Music Freedom alone is a key reason they’ve switched or would switch to the Un-carrier.
New services added today include:
- Google Play Music− Winner of the popular vote among Un-carrier customers
- Xbox Music − ‘All the Music You Love’ on all your devices
- SoundCloud − Provides access to the world’s largest community of music & audio creators
- RadioTunes − Features a wide variety of free streaming radio channels
- Digitally Imported − The first service in Music Freedom devoted entirely to electronic dance music
- Fit Radio − A wide selection of great workout songs for the gym
- Fresca Radio − Delivers 40 channels of the best Latin, Hispanic and Caribbean music
- JAZZRADIO − Enjoy endless hours of the best jazz music around
- Live365 − Thousands of internet radio stations featuring music in every style
- Mad Genius Radio − For those who like a lot of music and who like their playlists fresh
- radioPup − Featuring 300+ local radio stations streaming the best music available
- Radio.com − Original programming including streaming music and more
- ROCKRADIO − 100% rock, streaming the most diverse variety of rock music online
- Saavn − All the best Bollywood and Indian music, online and on the go
These join 13 other services previously part of Music Freedom, including Rhapsody, Pandora, AccuRadio, Black Planet, Grooveshark, iHeartRadio, iTunes Radio, Samsung Milk Music, Radio Paradise, Rdio, Slacker, Songza and Spotify.
Music Freedom now covers 27 music streaming services of all sizes and musical genres. Three of the new services added today - Google Play, Xbox Music and SoundCloud - were voted for by close to one million people in an online poll. Three were submitted directly by T-Mobile customers, and the other services responded to T-Mobile's open invitation to join Music Freedom.
T-Mobile has a vision to add every possible music streaming service to Music Freedom, and any music streaming provider can be part of Music Freedom by applying through T-Mobile's open submission process. To learn more about Music Freedom, please visit t-mobile.com/musicfreedom.
1 Based on Ipsos SMX consumer insights poll of U.S. wireless users (commissioned by T-Mobile U.S., October 2014)
Qualifying service plan & capable device req'd. Music streaming not counted towards data allotment on T-Mobile's network; downloads, video content, & non-audio content excluded. Data rates apply to Smartphone Mobile HotSpot service & tethered devices. For included services, see list at http://www.t-mobile.com/offer/free-music-streaming.html.
Acerca de T‑Mobile
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile US, Inc. (NYSE: TMUS) is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. La avanzada red nacional 4G LTE de la compañía ofrece excelentes experiencias móviles a aproximadamente 53 millones de clientes que no están dispuestos a transigir en cuanto a calidad y precios. Basada en Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US ofrece servicios a través de sus subsidiarias y opera sus marcas principales, T-Mobile y MetroPCS. Para obtener más información, visita http://es.t-mobile.com.
# # #
Contactos de medios
Relaciones con los medios — T-Mobile US, Inc.
Contacto para relaciones con inversionistas
T-Mobile US, Inc.
877-281-TMUS O 212-358-3210