The Un-carrier prepares its network and offers guidance to
help keep customers connected before, during and after the storms
Bellevue, WA — October 13, 2016 — With strong winds and heavy rainfall currently expected to impact Western Washington beginning today and through the weekend, T-Mobile’s operations and engineering teams are actively monitoring weather patterns and preparing equipment and supplies in the potentially affected areas to help customers stay connected.
From readying backup generators, Cell-On-Wheels (COW), and fuel tanks to setting up an engineering Command Center in the areas of expected impact, T-Mobile engineers and rapid response teams are ready to mobilize. In addition, T-Mobile's Geo-Redundant Network Operation Centers (NOCs) will closely manage network traffic and further coordinate any response needed.
Here are some important steps people can take to increase chances of connecting with loved ones before, during and after the storm:
- Make sure your phone is fully charged before the storm and have a plan to recharge your phone in case of a power outage, such as a car charger or portable power charger. You also can find several options in our retail stores and online.
- Conserve phone battery life during power outages by utilizing your phone’s power-save mode. Also consider reducing screen brightness, turning off location-based services when they’re not being used, and limiting app usage and downloads.
- Send a text instead of calling. Text messages are more likely to get through during high usage periods since texts require fewer network resources.
- If you need to make a call, keep it short so others can also get through. The number of calls spikes during severe weather events; try to limit conversations and keep the network available for all to use.
- Keep your phone dry by storing it in a plastic bag or other waterproof covering.
- Make sure emergency contacts are updated on your phone.
- Use Wi-Fi calling if cellular service is not available. Wi-Fi calling allows T-Mobile customers with capable devices to text and make and receive voice calls via any Wi-Fi connection.
- For iOS go to Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling.
- For Android go to Settings > More Connection Settings > Wi-Fi Calling.
Customers can stay up to date with the latest storm forecasts from NOAA’s National Weather Service at weather.gov. For T-Mobile Customer Care, visit www.my.t-mobile.com or call 611 from your T-Mobile handset.
# # #
Acerca de T‑Mobile US, Inc.
Como El Un-carrier de EE.UU., T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) está redefiniendo la forma en que los consumidores y las empresas adquieren los servicios de telefonía móvil por medio de liderazgo en la innovación de productos y servicios. La avanzada red nacional 4G LTE de la compañía ofrece experiencias móviles increíbles para 67.4 millones de clientes que no desean hacer concesiones en cuanto a precio y calidad. Basada en Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US ofrece servicios a través de sus subsidiarias y opera sus marcas principales, T-Mobile y MetroPCS. For more information, please visit https://www.t-mobile.com.
Contactos para prensa
Relaciones con los medios — T-Mobile US, Inc.
Wi-Fi Calling: Not compatible with TTY devices at this time (including calls to 911). More info.