Latest expansion brings network TV, popular music services, anime and more to Binge On
Google Play Music, NBC, NOGGIN, Radio Disney, Spotify, TIDAL, Univision
and more join the list of over 80 video services that now stream without touching your LTE data
T-Mobile customers have already streamed more than 377 million hours of video without using their high-speed data in just six months
Bellevue, Washington — May 17, 2016 — Whether you’re into Saturday Night Live,Twin Star Exorcists,The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon or can’t get enough of Beyoncé’s Lemonade, T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) has you covered with its latest Binge On expansion. John Legere, president and CEO of T-Mobile, broke the news this morning that, starting today, NBC, Univision, Qello Concerts and more are all joining Binge On. And popular Music Freedom services like Google Play Music, Radio Disney, Spotify and TIDAL are bringing their growing video libraries to Binge On so now T-Mobile customers can stream both music and video without burning up their high speed data. The company amped up its latest signature move for the 5 th time since launching it in November of last year – so now, customers on qualifying plans can stream unlimited video from a total of more than 80 video providers without using their high-speed data.
In just six months, Binge On has changed how T-Mobile customers watch mobile video. Recent numbers underscore both how positively Americans are responding to innovations like Binge On and how Binge On has fundamentally changed video consumption:
- T-Mobile customers have streamed more than 377 million hours of video without using their high-speed data since the launch of Binge On and are watching up to 2x more from participating providers that stream free on limited data plans
- 92% of T-Mobile customers surveyed said they’ll watch more video with Binge On, and 93% said they like the idea of having all video optimized to DVD quality so they can watch 3x more using the same amount of high-speed data
- A huge majority (89%) of US wireless customers say Binge On would be appealing to have as part of their wireless service
- And an even bigger majority (94%) say they’d try a new online service if it were a part of a free data offering, like Binge On
“Binge On is a success, and our customers absolutely love it!” said John Legere, president and CEO of T-Mobile. “In the six months since we launched Binge On, the number of video providers streaming free without using your data has grown more than 240%. We’ve got something for everyone, and customers never have to worry about getting slammed with ridiculous overage penalties. I hope Dumb and Dumber just keep pushing their mobile video schemes, it just gives consumers more and more reason to come to T-Mobile!”
Some of the video streaming services joining Binge On today include:
- Google Play Music
- Great Big Story
- Ligonier Ministries
- Qello Concerts
- Radio Disney
- Univision Noticias
- Toon Goggles
Binge On es totalmente gratis para clientes y proveedores. More information and the full list of current Binge On services can be found at www.t-mobile.com/bingeon. If your favorite video provider isn’t part of the program, tweet us your favorite service @TMobile, along with the hashtag #BingeOn.
Binge On is another great example of how the Un-carrier does data differently. Un-carrier Data is fundamentally different – and lasts a lot longer – than carrier data:
- With Un-carrier Data, you can stream without fear. With Binge On and Music Freedom, you can chill to your favorite tunes and shows, without stressing about burning through your high-speed data.
- Un-carrier Data gets stashed. Unlike carrier data, your unused high-speed Un-carrier data won’t suddenly vanish after a month or two, it gets stashed for use for up to a year.
- Un-carrier Data knows no borders. Whether you’re in the US or traveling abroad, T-Mobile’s got your back, allowing you to access your Un-carrier Data in over 140 countries and destinations without fear of penalties or access fees.
- Un-carrier Data is blazing-fast and in more places than ever. T-Mobile’s 4G LTE network is the fastest in the US for more than two years, as tested by millions of users in crowd-sourced, real-time tests. And just last year, we added more than 1 million square miles of coverage, so T-Mobile LTE now reaches nearly every single American – over 308 million people!
El video detectable generalmente se reproduce en calidad de DVD (480p o mejor) con Binge On, salvo que el proveedor de video se excluya. Se puede desactivar Binge On en cualquier momento, pero se perderán los beneficios. Qualifying plan required; third party subscription/content charges may apply. Data Stash up to 20GB of unused on-network data from past 12 months with qualifying plan. El uso intensivo de datos de alta velocidad puede ocasionar pérdida de prioridad (y velocidades más lentas). Consulta T-Mobile.com/OpenInternet.
Acerca de T‑Mobile US, Inc.
Como El Un-carrier de EE.UU., T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) está redefiniendo la forma en que los consumidores y las empresas adquieren los servicios de telefonía móvil por medio de liderazgo en la innovación de productos y servicios. La avanzada red nacional 4G LTE de la compañía ofrece experiencias de servicio móvil incomparables a más de 65.5 millones de clientes que no desean hacer concesiones en cuanto a calidad y ventajas. Basada en Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile US ofrece servicios a través de sus subsidiarias y opera sus marcas principales, T-Mobile y MetroPCS. For more information, please visit https://www.t-mobile.com.
# # #
Contactos para prensa
Relaciones con los medios — T-Mobile US, Inc.
Contacto para relaciones con inversionistas
T-Mobile US, Inc.
877-281-TMUS O 212-358-3210