Mínimo histórico de pérdida de usuarios de teléfonos pospagados del 0.78%; ingresos por servicios históricos de $8.4 mil millones, ingresos netos históricos del T2 de $939 millones and EBITDA ajustado histórico de $3.5 mil millones y total de incorporaciones de clientes de 1.8 millones
Crecimiento acelerado de clientes
- 1.8 millones de incorporaciones netas totales en el trimestre 2 de 2019, hasta 11% YoY
- 1.1 million branded postpaid net additions in Q2 2019, up 9% YoY, expected to be best in the industry
- 710,000 branded postpaid phone net additions in Q2 2019, up 3% YoY, expected to be best in the industry
- 131,000 branded prepaid net additions in Q2 2019, up 44% YoY
- All-time record-low branded postpaid phone churn of 0.78% in Q2 2019, down 17 bps YoY
Record Q2 Financial Performance
(all percentages year-over-year)
- Ingresos por servicios récord de $8.4 mil millones, hasta 6% en el trimestre 2 de 2019 con ingresos por servicios pospagados de hasta un 9%
- Ingresos totales récord en el trimestre 2 de $11.0 mil millones, hasta un 4% en el trimestre 2 de 2019
- Ingresos netos récord en el trimestre 2 de $939 millones, hasta un 20% en el trimestre 2 de 2019
- Ganancias diluidas por acción ("EPS") récord en el trimestre 2 de $1.09, hasta un 18% en el trimestre 2 de 2019
- Record Adjusted EBITDA(1) $3.5 billion, up 7% in Q2 2019
- Record Q2 Net cash provided by operating activities of $2.1 billion, up 70% in Q2 2019
- Free Cash Flow(1) of $1.2 billion, up 51% in Q2 2019
Taking Major Steps Towards Nationwide 5G
- On track to launch the first nationwide 5G network available next year; 99% of Americans now covered with 4G LTE
- Aggressive deployment of 600 MHz using 5G ready equipment; 4G LTE on 600 MHz now covering 156 million people and 1.2 million square miles
- 5G millimeter wave (mmWave) network introduced in 6 cities including New York and Los Angeles
- Successful participation in mmWave auctions; average nationwide mmWave spectrum position more than quadrupled
Sólida perspectiva también para 2019
- Incorporaciones netas de servicio pospagado de 3.5 a 4.0 millones, superior a la referencia anterior de 3.1 a 3.7 millones
- Los ingresos netos no están disponibles de manera prospectiva(2)
- Adjusted EBITDA target of $12.9 to $13.3 billion, which includes leasing revenues of $550 to $600 million, up from prior guidance of $12.7 to $13.2 billion(1)
- Cash purchases of property and equipment, excluding capitalized interest of approximately $400 million, are expected to be at the very high end of $5.4 to $5.7 billion; Cash purchases of property and equipment, including capitalized interest, are expected to be at the very high end of $5.8 to $6.1 billion
- Three-year compound annual growth rate (“CAGR”) from FY 2016 to FY 2019 for Net cash provided by operating activities, excluding payments for merger-related costs, is expected to be at 33% to 35%, a narrowing of the prior target range
- Three-year CAGR from FY 2016 to FY 2019 for Free Cash Flow, excluding payments for merger-related costs, is unchanged at 46% to 48%(1)
- In Q3 2019, pre-close merger-related costs are expected to be $150 to $200 million before taxes
- El EBITDA ajustado y el flujo de efectivo disponible son indicadores financieros no asociados con los GAAP. Estos indicadores financieros no asociados con los GAAP deben ser considerados como información adicional y no sustitutiva de la información provista de conformidad con los GAAP. Las conciliaciones de estos indicadores financieros no asociados con los GAAP con los indicadores financieros más directamente comparables se proporcionan en las tablas de conciliación de indicadores financieros no asociados con los GAAP con los indicadores financieros de los GAAP.
- No podemos prever los ingresos netos sobre una base prospectiva sin esfuerzos excesivos debido a la alta variabilidad y dificultad para predecir ciertas partidas que afectan los ingresos netos GAAP que incluyen, entre otros, los gastos por impuestos sobre las ganancias, los gastos de compensación basados en acciones y los gastos por intereses. El EBITDA ajustado no debe usarse para predecir los ingresos netos ya que la diferencia entre las dos medidas es variable.
T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) reported another strong quarter in Q2 2019 as we continue to set performance records. America’s Un-carrier reported all-time record-low branded postpaid phone churn and record financial results including record-high service revenue, record Q2 net income, and record Adjusted EBITDA. In addition, we reported our strongest Q2 customer growth in years with customer growth that accelerated year-over-year and demonstrates that T-Mobile’s incredible momentum continues.
Customers no longer have to choose between network quality or low prices. At T-Mobile they get both, making America's Un-carrier the best value in wireless. In addition, customer experience continues to be a key differentiator for T-Mobile. We continue to lead the industry in customer care - by delivering an unmatched customer experience with our Team of Experts, which drives our record-high levels of customer satisfaction while delivering operational efficiencies. T-Mobile continues to invest in its network and continues to prepare for nationwide 5G with the aggressive rollout of its 600 MHz spectrum. T-Mobile isn't stopping there and continues to make investments that help lay the foundation for the future and find new areas of growth.
In the second quarter, customers joined and are staying with T-Mobile in record numbers. Q2 marks the 25th quarter in a row where we delivered more than 1 million total net customer additions, and another quarter in which customer growth accelerated year-over-year. We also posted branded postpaid phone churn of 0.78%, an all-time record-low and set records for a number of financial metrics in the second quarter including: record service revenues of $8.4 billion, record Q2 net income of $939 million, and record Adjusted EBITDA of $3.5 billion.
"The T-Mobile team of rock stars delivers quarter, after quarter, after quarter! Record-low customer churn and our best Q2 customer numbers in years. This is in addition to record service revenue, record Q2 net income, and record Adjusted EBITDA." said John Legere, CEO of T-Mobile. "We continue to build out our nationwide 5G network with an aggressive deployment of 600 MHz on 5G equipment and increase our spectrum portfolio through an incredibly successful FCC auction - investing $842 million which more than quadruples our mmWave holdings. Our momentum continues and we won't stop!"
For the full release and Fact Book, go to the T-Mobile Investor Relations page.
Declaraciones a futuro
This communication includes forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Todas las declaraciones que no se refieran a hechos históricos, incluyendo información concerniente a los resultados futuros de las operaciones de T-Mobile US, Inc., son a futuro. These forward-looking statements are generally identified by the words "anticipate," "believe," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "could," or similar expressions. Las declaraciones a futuro se basan en las expectativas y supuestos actuales, que están sujetos a riesgos e incertidumbres y podrían provocar resultados reales que difieran significativamente de las declaraciones a futuro. Important factors that could affect future results and cause those results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements include, among others, the following: the failure to obtain, or delays in obtaining, required regulatory approvals for the merger (the "Merger") with Sprint Corporation ("Sprint"), pursuant to the Business Combination Agreement with Sprint and other parties therein (the "Business Combination Agreement") and the other transactions contemplated by the Business Combination Agreement (collectively, the "Transactions"), and the risk that such approvals may result in the imposition of conditions that could adversely affect the combined company or the expected benefits of the Transactions, or the failure to satisfy any of the other conditions to the Transactions on a timely basis or at all; the occurrence of events that may give rise to a right of one or both of the parties to terminate the Business Combination Agreement; adverse effects on the market price of our common stock or on our or Sprint's operating results because of a failure to complete the Merger in the anticipated timeframe or at all; inability to obtain the financing contemplated to be obtained in connection with the Transactions on the expected terms or timing or at all; the ability of us, Sprint and the combined company to make payments on debt or to repay existing or future indebtedness when due or to comply with the covenants contained therein; adverse changes in the ratings of our or Sprint's debt securities or adverse conditions in the credit markets; negative effects of the announcement, pendency or consummation of the Transactions on the market price of our common stock and on our or Sprint's operating results, including as a result of changes in key customer, supplier, employee or other business relationships; significant costs related to the Transactions, including financing costs, and unknown liabilities of Sprint or that may arise; failure to realize the expected benefits and synergies of the Transactions in the expected timeframes or at all; costs or difficulties related to the integration of Sprint's network and operations into our network and operations; the risk of litigation or regulatory actions, including the antitrust litigation brought by the attorneys general of thirteen states and the District of Columbia; the inability of us, Sprint or the combined company to retain and hire key personnel; the risk that certain contractual restrictions contained in the Business Combination Agreement during the pendency of the Transactions could adversely affect our or Sprint's ability to pursue business opportunities or strategic transactions; adverse economic, political or market conditions in the U.S. and international markets; competition, industry consolidation, and changes in the market for wireless services, which could negatively affect our ability to attract and retain customers; the effects of any future merger, investment, or acquisition involving us, as well as the effects of mergers, investments, or acquisitions in the technology, media and telecommunications industry; challenges in implementing our business strategies or funding our operations, including payment for additional spectrum or network upgrades; the possibility that we may be unable to renew our spectrum licenses on attractive terms or acquire new spectrum licenses at reasonable costs and terms; difficulties in managing growth in wireless data services, including network quality; material changes in available technology and the effects of such changes, including product substitutions and deployment costs and performance; the timing, scope and financial impact of our deployment of advanced network and business technologies; the impact on our networks and business from major technology equipment failures; breaches of our and/or our third-party vendors' networks, information technology and data security, resulting in unauthorized access to customer confidential information; natural disasters, terrorist attacks or similar incidents; unfavorable outcomes of existing or future litigation; any changes in the regulatory environments in which we operate, including any increase in restrictions on the ability to operate our networks and changes in data privacy laws; any disruption or failure of our third parties' or key suppliers' provisioning of products or services; material adverse changes in labor matters, including labor campaigns, negotiations or additional organizing activity, and any resulting financial, operational and/or reputational impact; changes in accounting assumptions that regulatory agencies, including the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), may require, which could result in an impact on earnings; changes in tax laws, regulations and existing standards and the resolution of disputes with any taxing jurisdictions; the possibility that the reset process under our trademark license results in changes to the royalty rates for our trademarks; the possibility that we may be unable to adequately protect our intellectual property rights or be accused of infringing the intellectual property rights of others; our business, investor confidence in our financial results and stock price may be adversely affected if our internal controls are not effective; the occurrence of high fraud rates related to device financing, credit card, dealers, or subscriptions; and interests of a majority stockholder may differ from the interests of other stockholders. Given these risks and uncertainties, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on such forward-looking statements. We undertake no obligation to revise or publicly release the results of any revision to these forward-looking statements, except as required bylaw.