BELLEVUE, Wash. — March 22, 2023 — Today T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) announced a $1 million contribution toward the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History’s new upcoming Cellphone: Unseen Connections exhibition to share the journey and impact of wireless connectivity — past to present — and inspire tomorrow’s innovators to think about what’s possible into the future.
From the first brick-style devices and flip phones to the smartphones we all rely on today, cell phones and wireless networks have revolutionized the ways we communicate and interact. And the mobile revolution has just begun. The Smithsonian's new exhibition will share the technological, environmental and cultural impact of wireless connectivity, showcasing leaders who built the industry and the technology and infrastructure that make mobile devices work. T-Mobile, an industry leader in providing wireless and broadband connectivity to customers on America's leading 5G network, is one of two key supporters of the exhibition that will open for visitors on June 23 in Washington, D.C.
“I love that T-Mobile is helping bring the dynamic story of how wireless connectivity has changed the ways we work and live to life through this new Smithsonian exhibition,” said Callie Field, President, T-Mobile Business Group. “Our hope is that the rich history in this exhibition will not only educate those who visit and further their understanding of the power of technology today, but also inspire the next generation of leaders who will be the innovators of tomorrow!”
T-Mobile's contribution to the Smithsonian complements the Un-carrier's ongoing initiatives to use its network, scale and resources for good to connect people to the possibilities that technology enables. Por ejemplo:
- Project 10Million, a $10.7 billion program aimed at closing the education gap by providing free wireless hotspots and connectivity to millions of underserved students across the country.
- Changemaker Challenge, a nationwide contest that gives young leaders ages 13 to 18 in the U.S. and Puerto Rico the opportunity to bring their innovative ideas to life to change their communities for good.
- Hometown Grants, a five-year, $25 million program for small town grants that fund community projects and spur economic development.
- Support for higher education through a donation to University of Washington’s Interdisciplinary Engineering Building.
- Support for minority entrepreneurs and owned businesses through T-Mobile for Business’ Magenta Edge along with educational workshops and events with the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Minority Business Development Agency.
- Digital literacy programs with Unidos US and LULAC and donations of connected devices and 5G hotspots to public libraries in rural and urban communities.
About the Cellphone: Unseen Connections Exhibition
Through a focus on cultural objects and the raw materials, human labor, technology and infrastructure that makes our devices work, the exhibition tells the global story of cellphones that helped usher in the means to both sustain cultural traditions and create new ones globally. Educational programming and outreach - including an after-hours opening celebration, ongoing workshops and games within the exhibition along with field trip, after-school and drop-in programs - will further complement exhibition content to inspire and educate the public around the nation.
For more information, go to Cellphone: Unseen Connections.
Síguenos en la sala de prensa oficial de T-Mobile en Twitter, en @TMobileNews para estar al día con las últimas novedades de la compañía.
# # #
Acerca de T‑Mobile US, Inc.
T-Mobile US Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) es el Un-carrier superpoderoso del país con una red 4G LTE avanzada y una red 5G nacional transformadora que ofrecerá conectividad confiable para todos. Los clientes de T‑Mobile reciben una calidad inigualable por su dinero, una firme obsesión por ofrecerles la mejor experiencia de servicio posible y un dinamismo indiscutible para disrumpir el mercado y así crear competencia e innovación más allá del ámbito del servicio móvil. Con sede en Bellevue, Washington, T‑Mobile presta servicios a través de sus subsidiarias y opera sus marcas emblemáticas, T‑Mobile, Metro by T‑Mobile y Sprint. Para obtener más información, visita: https://es.t-mobile.com.
Contactos para prensa
T‑Mobile US, Inc. Relaciones con los medios